Our firm helps homebuilders, architects and homeowners prevent and manage water intrusion issues. We provide expert advice utilizing industry best practices in product selection, installation methods, and installer training.
TLS Laboratories has developed Lightning Flash Flashing Corners! Click here to take a look. Now, window pans are easy and affordable!
New! Read Gene Summy’s article in this months (October 2012) Journal of Light Construction. Read it here!
New! Read the update by Gene Summy on Why Flashing Corners are important! Click here.
A Happy Marine Gunny has Nice Words for TLS Laboratories!
On this project, we Identified the problem and Provided the Necessary Repairs to Eliminate the problem. Another Happy Customer!
What We Do
- Water test windows, doors and wall systems for builders during the course of construction. We use ASTM E 1105 and AAMA 502-08 and AAMA 511-08 as guidelines for our field testing.
- Manufacture (In America by Americans) specialty flashing products for our patented Corner Flash® products and our Lightning Flash® products. Everything is made in the USA!
- Investigate private homes and commercial properties to identify and solve water intrusion problems.
- Provide Expert Witness Services to the legal community.
- Conduct 3rd party inspections of window and door installations.
- Consult with window and door manufacturers, and building material manufacturers to develop products that keep water out of homes.
- Test existing methods and materials used by builders to determine their effectiveness
- Develop effective window and door installation methods
- Provide Web Based training for window installers on our training websites: www.SynergyCertifications.com and www.winteq.synergycertifications.com
- Provide spray rack calibration services to other water intrusion/testing experts.
- Provide professional installation of Retrofit windows in Orange County, Southern California
Experience, Honesty and Professionalism
No other organization has the real world experience of the TLS Laboratories team. We have diagnosed and solved more leaks, in more different types of buildings than any other organization that we are aware of.
We believe in the old adage “honesty is the best policy”. As our existing clients can attest, we always deliver a concise and professional evaluation of each project. Even when the information may not be what our client wants to hear, we tell them the naked truth. Whether on site for a large home builder, a major window manufacturer, working at a private residence, or providing professional witness services to the legal community, you can depend on us.
Inspection Services, Products and Training Solutions
TLS Labs provides in-field forensic leak detection for commercial and residential buildings. We are experts in leak detection during the course of construction or in owner occupied homes.
We even have own patented flashing system called Corner Flash™. It is a three dimensional flashing product that takes the guesswork out of flashing recessed or inset windows. Corner Flash™ and our method of installation have been thoroughly tested and proven to effectively flash recessed windows.
Additionally, TLS Labs offers the industry leading Synergy Project to train and certify builders using our techniques. The Synergy Project is a program designed to train contractors and their employees to properly install windows and doors. Using our products and time-tested installation methods builders can deliver homes with a flashing system that eliminates rain related leaks. The Henkel/OSI/Wenteq Corporation engaged TLS Laboratories to provide their national video training. Winteq.SynergyCertifications certifies their window and door installers nationwide!